Thursday, July 13, 2017

Bad Mom?

This week has been a week where I have found myself asking several times, "Am I an inadequate parent?  Is my daughter getting what she needs? Am I a bad mom?!"  I have realized the answer to all of these questions is "no", and that every parent goes through this sort of thing once and awhile.  Aside from the mounds of coffee, multiple beers and glasses of wine, several naps, and plethora of swear words I have had to use, I just feel like I can't do anything right in the eyes of my child.

Marlo has been a bear this week!  I'm not sure whether she is getting more teeth, or going through a growth spurt, or probably both, but she has been so grumpy, and that's not like her.  I think I am so used to her being happy-go-lucky, that when she is cranky, I am doing something wrong.  Not to mention the fact that I have outsiders basically telling me what's happening with her, meanwhile, they have no clue!

Look, I appreciate your opinion, but that's all it is, an opinion.  You might be correct in your assumption that she has another ear ache, but I am her mother, and all the signs and symptoms are pointing in the opposite direction.  Sometimes I have to yell at myself and make sure that I believe and know that no matter what people say, I am Marlo's mother, and a mother's instinct is to die for.  I know what's going on, and when outsiders make me second guess my parenting, I pull on my girl panties, grab an extra large coffee, and do something fun with my baby girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment